Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: BenD Lampson
Posted On: Wednesday November 27, 2019 at 8:01 AM

Notice how 'hips' or 'shoulders' are coming back to cars? ....(pics)
They were popular with all the brands back in the muscle car era, then disappeared with performance.

Now they are back again with performance. A few good examples in pics....

1968 Dodge Charger with shoulders

but by 1974, shoulders were gone from Charger...

1968 Ford Torino with shoulders...

but by 1970, Torino lost its shoulders...

1967 Corvette with shoulders...

but by C4, the Corvette lost its shoulders

but Corvette started slowly getting them back by C5...

and the C7 really brought them back...

1968 Camaro with shoulders...

1976 Camaro without shoulders...

But shoulders came back for the new Generation Camaro...

Ford Mustang is another good example of a car losing its shoulders, then coming back....

1968 Mustang with shoulders

1973 Mustang without shoulders...

but like the Camaro, shoulders are back, and very evident on the new Mustang!

What is your opinion on car 'shoulders' or 'hips'?

Do you like them evident on cars?

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Notice how 'hips' or 'shoulders' are coming back to cars? ....(pics) by BenD Lampson #45347
Never thought about it, by what you pointed out here I like hip/shoulders. (EOM) by Bruce Parsons #45347.1
I never thought about it as hips or shoulders but certainly when they by Don Anderson #45347.2
I love the look of most '68 muscle cars so yes, I prefer "shoulders". (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45347.2.1
Repeating myself again I know...but that '68 Charger is one gorgeous car!!! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45347.2.1.1
+100 (EOM) by BenD Lampson #45347.2.1.1.1
Jack, I agree. Not one bad line on that perfect body ! I love it too. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #45347.2.1.1.2
Agree its perfect. So good that I despaired even when I saw the minor 1969 changes (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45347.2.1.1.2.1
Yes, I miss them to, you can blame GM for them disappearing. Thanks to GM intermediates by Duncan Pohl #45347.3
I generally agree but must say that I LOVE the '68-'72 Chevelle. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45347.3.1
I always thought the 1968 Chargers had the best hips ever...a beautiful car! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #45347.4
Yup! And then there's the SOUND it makes ! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45347.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone