Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Lloyd Mecca
Posted On: Sunday December 1, 2019 at 5:43 AM

Since 1974, the federal government has mandated a truck cab...
with a modular body. This regulation is know as the K-spec
(Federal Specification for Star-of-Life Ambulances KKK-A-1822).

This is the reason there are no more Cadillac (or any other sedan-based ambulances) around anymore.

Those that still exist with a fire department, rescue or private ambulance service can be used in parades or fund raisers but not to carry patients.

The Professional Car Owners Assn members collect these professional cars including ambulances, hearses, and flower cars. Their magazine is first rate.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: Cadillac Visser ambulance, by Dick Johnson #45416
Awesome! (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #45416.1
That is so ........ So ....... Ummm ...... So ....so .....s (EOM) by Dennis Mong #45416.2
Here's an uncommon ambulance 1:43 from eastern Europe. (pic) by David Holcombe #45416.3
Now I know why it's an ambulance that green color is making me very very ill (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #45416.3.1
Agree. That's not paint...its what Linda Blair upchucked. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45416.3.1.1
I checked. Visser is a highly regarded manufacturer of ambulances and by David Holcombe #45416.4
My grandmother’s maiden name was Visser and she was born in the Netherlands. (EOM) by David Vandermeer #45416.5
Many exceptions to this, however, over the last decade or two the trend seems to be by Bruce Gibbins #45416.6
Since 1974, the federal government has mandated a truck cab... by Lloyd Mecca #45416.6.1
What was the main reason for demanding this change? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45416.6.1.1
In 1972, the US Department of Transportation... by Lloyd Mecca #45416.6.1.1.1
Never mind a fedora...Abe Lincoln could wear his stove pipe hat in this unit. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #45416.7
I believe you just might be right ! (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #45416.7.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone