Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Saturday January 11, 2020 at 4:20 PM

Its known as a Harp Guitar, John and an instrument that was usually played
as a drawing room or small venue instrument in the 19th and early 20th Centuaries. Famous American instrument maker Orville Gibson features these in is catalogue of the period that also included small bodied "Parlour" guitars.
The Harp Guitar fell out of use as musical tastes changed but made an appearance again when the folk boom of the 1960's and 70's started to include traditional "Mountain" music from the Appalachians that also saw the reemergence of the Hammered Dulcimer.
An example of this music can be heard in a beautiful piece called, "Over the Waterfall" by the Grandpa Jones Family.
It's on YT.
A Gibson Harp Guitar.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Video: This is not car related but it is just something beautiful by Dick Johnson #46199
I've never seen one of those before. Nicely done. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46199.1Moderator
Its known as a Harp Guitar, John and an instrument that was usually played by Bruce Gibbins #46199.1.1
Thanks, Bruce. Here's the video. by John Kuvakas #46199.1.1.1Moderator
That's it right there, John. You chose my favorite version too. I first by Bruce Gibbins #46199.1.1.1.1
You're welcome. I really enjoyed it too. by John Kuvakas #46199.1.1.1.1.1Moderator
Hauntingly Beautiful (EOM) by John Barry #46199.2
What a beautiful instrument. I'm shocked I haven't heard of it before now! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #46199.3
A mini harp turned sideways. Unfortunately, my hearing can't differentiate the frequencies of by Frank Kocour #46199.4
What a beautiful rich full sound that instrument has. It did justice to that beautiful song. (EOM) by Duncan Pohl #46199.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone