Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Saturday January 11, 2020 at 6:59 PM

That's it right there, John. You chose my favorite version too. I first
heard this tune on a Continenal Airlines DC10 flight from Auckland to Honolulu via Pangopango in American Samoa.
The in air entertainment system allowed for any tune to be repeated every hour or so. It was a long wait for the next performance. After we returned to Auckland a fortnight or so latter, I put into action a plan to obtain a copy of Over The Waterfall. But having no other information other than the Continenat flight number and time of travel this was not an easy job. Long story short, after a year or so of snail mail correspondence to and from the US, I bought a copy of the Grandpa Jones version - a double album on coal black vinyl, from a record store in Los Angeles, the tune that I had heard mid-air a year earlier.
According to the album liner notes, the tune is of unconfirmed origin, thought to have originated in England and called, The Song of the Journeyman, where the tune found a new home as a fiddle tune brought to the Appalachians by English settlers.
Thanks again for the video, John.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Video: This is not car related but it is just something beautiful by Dick Johnson #46199
I've never seen one of those before. Nicely done. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46199.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Its known as a Harp Guitar, John and an instrument that was usually played by Bruce Gibbins #46199.1.1
Thanks, Bruce. Here's the video. by John Kuvakas #46199.1.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
That's it right there, John. You chose my favorite version too. I first by Bruce Gibbins #46199.1.1.1.1
You're welcome. I really enjoyed it too. by John Kuvakas #46199.1.1.1.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Hauntingly Beautiful (EOM) by John Barry #46199.2
What a beautiful instrument. I'm shocked I haven't heard of it before now! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #46199.3
A mini harp turned sideways. Unfortunately, my hearing can't differentiate the frequencies of by Frank Kocour #46199.4
What a beautiful rich full sound that instrument has. It did justice to that beautiful song. (EOM) by Duncan Pohl #46199.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone