Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Kocour
Posted On: Wednesday January 15, 2020 at 8:25 AM

This weekend my kids took me to see "Ford VS Ferrari". Theaters have changed a lot over the past
few years. Since we were walk-ups there were only a few seats left in the "Dine in" theater - the FIRST row, which is where we sat. I haven't done that since I was about 10 years old.

Let me tell you that even with Tinitus coupled with bad hearing and lounging in plush electrically operated Lazy Boys, directly in front of 5 in-screen speakers hosting 50,000 watts of power and peering at 1,500 sq. ft of screen the movie was enjoyable, even though I could only decipher about 20% of the dialogue because of the wadded up napkins that I held in both ears with my fingers.

The topper is that last night Cathy and I watched another related movie "The 24 Hour War" on Netflix which is about the same rivalry, but is much more of a documentary that filled in many of the unexplained blanks that were in the movie.

I highly recommend that if you have an interest in this subject see both movies.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

This weekend my kids took me to see "Ford VS Ferrari". Theaters have changed a lot over the past by Frank Kocour #46259
I really enjoyed the movie. It was meant to be entertainment. by John Kuvakas #46259.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Thanks for this info.....I will see both. Frank, I laughed reading your by Jack Dodds #46259.2
+1 Too Loud !! (EOM) by John Barry #46259.2.1
Frank, you can buy tickets online in advance for the movie. Avoid the front row in the future. (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #46259.3
Now you tell me . . . (EOM) by Frank Kocour #46259.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone