Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Friday January 17, 2020 at 9:52 AM

Just think of how I feel today driving an 02 Ford Taurus
after all the cars I have owned that had style and class like 58 Edsel's, Hudson's, Bantams and Citroen's to name a few.
I wonder what happened, what did I do wrong ?? I am 76, do I still stand a chance to own another great old classic car to drive and enjoy in my senior years ?
Well I will tell you this. I have rescued many an old car and brought it back to life for someone else to enjoy. I have done many stupid things just to get the next old car.
I watch others post like groups that I follow on FB and other sites and as I look through their pictures and stories I sit and wonder just why did I do it ? I had fun at the time, at least I think I did, I enjoyed the challenge so I have a lot of both good and bad memories.
But now I look and I say to myself how glad I am that it is over, the looking for that next car, that better deal, spending all that energy and money, to fix something that someone else didn't care about and let rust and fall apart for me to fix.
OH how thankful that today I don't have any desire to fix up an old car and I leave it to the younger set who really can't relate to the real feeling of a car and the part it played in so many lives.
What I miss most is the energy it took to find that old treasure of some old car tucked away someplace and bring it back to life. So much energy that today I would rather spend on being close to my awesome wife, and family and just enjoy my senior years with no regrets and just treasure the good memories as I am doing now.
I still enjoy the old cars as found in some of my favorite models and sharing here with all of you so all I am doing is sharing some very personal thoughts and feelings of what once was.
I am blessed and very thankful for each and every one of you. It is a real joy and pleasure to share with you as I do each day.
You are all awesome.
I admit that I am very happy with our 02 Taurus as it just went over the 100K mark with some minor issues along the way but still doing good. It is basic transportation and it does it's job and that is all that matters to us now. It is generic but I really don't care and I enjoy it for what it does for us, groceries, doctors and church is all we use it for and it works.
But I would hate it if someone offered us a Citroen or a Bantam, LOL just kidding.
Love you all.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Just think of how I feel today driving an 02 Ford Taurus by Dick Johnson #46304
Thanks Dick. While reading your many interesting "car found and saved" by Jack Dodds #46304.1
Dick, really well written right from the heart. Nothing wrong with your '02 Taurus. Over by Rick Scoville #46304.2
Thanks for sharing that. I used to regret that I never bought a 1:1 classic Cadillac. by Al Dorado #46304.3
Dick, I loved reading that post.. I love to read all your posts. God bless you for taking by Steve Jakubczak #46304.3.1
I had an '88 Taurus. Drove it 130K miles. Trans would last only 60K miles. Both were covered....... by John Bono #46304.4
An honest story and an inspiring read. In a consumer culture where we all are by Bruce Gibbins #46304.5
I've had several Nissans, all of them were bulletproof. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46304.5.1Moderator
Dick, My every day driver is a 2001 Crown Victoria with 101,000 by Bob Jackman #46304.6
I almost bought an 02 Taurus. Came down to between it and an Intrepid. We chose the Intrepid. It was by Duncan Pohl #46304.7
Dick, I identify with your post, which I think is not about a '92 Ford Taurus. It' more about by Frank Kocour #46304.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone