Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Rick Scoville
Posted On: Friday January 17, 2020 at 3:06 PM

I'm truly good with today's phone technology. We did away with our house
phone 10 years or so ago. I use mine as a phone enough each day. If I want to browse the web, I do. If I want to check e-mails, I do.

What I don't do is walk and look at my phone. I don't drive and use the phone unless I use Bluetooth for calls (our cars are Bluetooth enabled and even the Harley is Bluetooth enabled). Then I keep it short. I don't sit at a restaurant when I'm with friends or family and stare at my phone.

It is my main camera anymore as picture quality is fantastic - especially on the newer phones.

I have GPS on my phone tied into each vehicle. If we travel, I use the WAZE app which is the best travel app out there bar none.

If you call me and you are not in my phone book, I don't answer the call. If you leave a message, I call back. No message and I block the number. As simple and as easy as that.

I was in sales and traveled domestically and internationally all the time. There is absolutely NO WAY I'd ever go back to phone booths! Of course, I'm retired now so I really don't care.

If you always have your nose in your phone, then that's a problem. That is not what it was intended to be used for. It's a convenient means of keeping in touch and having the world at your fingertips. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you always have your nose in your phone, I'd suggest seeking help. Or making some changes to your life. Or getting rid of that PHONE. At the very least, switch back to an old flip-phone.

It is great technology!

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: The phone of the future in 1956, by Dick Johnson #46297
But...it doesn't fit in your pocket! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46297.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
BTW, it's funny we have this capability and people rarely use their phones to make calls anymore. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46297.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Design clothes with bigger pockets or wait a few years for miniturisation to take care of it. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #46297.1.2
The Cell Phone was great in concept, but has turned in to a complete addiction not even used for by George Schire #46297.2
+1 (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #46297.2.1
Me too (EOM) by George Burgess #46297.2.2
George, I have similar feelings about cell phones, but about the only time I carry one is when I'm by Frank Kocour #46297.2.3
I have a cell phone. It's more of a pain than a gain to be honest and has a by Bruce Gibbins #46297.3
I'm truly good with today's phone technology. We did away with our house by Rick Scoville #46297.4
We canceled our land line eight years ago. It was no longer useful. by John Kuvakas #46297.4.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Phone booths??? What are phone booths????? (EOM) by John Bono #46297.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone