Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Saturday January 18, 2020 at 6:06 PM

I had fun the last couple of days and did something different.
Our computer is getting old and I decided to check out the keyboard and mouse for cat and dog hair they like to lay on the desk and look out the window, and then just everyday lint and just every day use so I took all the key pads off the key board to clean real well. Yep there was a lot of crud that has built up over the years so I cleaned everything with alcohol on the board itself and then each key was cleaned. I really enjoyed doing that. Then came the mouse.
I took the mouse apart and removed the wheel ( careful of two springs on the wheel so they go back together in the right places) and under the wheel and inside the wheel was packed tight with lint and hair and just crud and I wondered how the mouse even worked at all.
Now we are clean people and keep up with house cleaning all the time. All of this was from several years of use every day.
So now the keyboard and the mouse work like new and look like new and I had fun doing it.
Just a word of caution, be sure to take pictures of the keyboard and the inside the mouse so it is easier to put everything back in the proper place.
Just a little something I thought you might like to know about.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

I had fun the last couple of days and did something different. by Dick Johnson #46338
Well......you're right about the "different" part. Patience is a virtue and you have it. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #46338.1
Quit looking at that Grandfather Clock. It works just fine. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #46338.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone