Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Thursday January 23, 2020 at 6:22 PM

Is he even still alive? He had this extremely popular TV show back in the 1970's. Originaly from,
Rhodesia, if memory serves. His rich and powerful voice made him popular almost everywhere there was broadcast TV. Being as I am from a country that was populated by Scots and English second wave immigration during the days of sail, The Last Farewell, was especially poignant.
He was a lovely guy too by all accounts - well, my mother thought he was anyway.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Spealing of whistlers: inre, Dicks post # 46380.... by Jerry Gorsuch #46410
Great job. My dad was a whistler and was quite good. I thought he was corny when I was a kid, but by Frank Kocour #46410.1
I have seen him twice in concert and have three of his albums. by Bob Jackman #46410.1.1
Is he retired now? I haven't heard anything about him for a number of years. by Jack Dodds #46410.1.1.1
Is he even still alive? He had this extremely popular TV show back in the 1970's. Originaly from, by Bruce Gibbins #46410.1.1.1.1
Nah, he died in1990. You are still talking about my dad, right? (EOM) by Frank Kocour #46410.1.1.1.1.1
I'll be darned. I didn't know my Dad gave concerts or made an album.. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #46410.1.1.2
He wanted to keep you out of the limelight (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46410.1.1.2.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Roger is now 83 and has retired from touring and doing concerts by Jerry Gorsuch #46410.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone