Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas Moderator
Posted On: Saturday January 25, 2020 at 2:27 PM

Re; post 46443 below. Perhaps a personal anecdote will help explain why build a fast tractor.
I had an '08 Nissan Altima with the 3.5 L V6, a 6-speed manual and some engine mods bumping the HP to about 330. It was an absolute screamer and a blast to drive, 0-60 in about 5 seconds flat. Not too shabby for an Altima.

One of my son's friends was visiting, a young man of about 25 years old, a gamer and a nice, quiet boy. My son suggested we take a ride in the Altima. Neither of them drove a stick. So, I got behind the wheel and drove through our neighborhood while they looked at their phones. When I got out on the main road, traffic was clear on my side of the divided highway, so I hit it pretty hard, moving quickly up through the gears. When I came to a light, I slowed and then stopped. My son's friend was sitting in the passenger seat, wide-eyed, holding his breath, his head planted firmly on the headrest and gripping the armrests on both sides like John Glenn lifting off from Canaveral. I said, what do you think? He said, "I don't get it. We went through all that noise and fuss just to get from the corner to here and now we're not going anywhere. What was the point?"

I simply had no answer.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Re; post 46443 below. Perhaps a personal anecdote will help explain why build a fast tractor. by John Kuvakas #46459Moderator
I wonder if he would still feel that dismissive way about by Mike DeTorrice #46459.1
It's not so much the distance traveled - it's how you get there. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #46459.2
"Well son, we may not be going anywhere but we're the first ones doing it ." by Jack Dodds #46459.3
I would be speechless too. Little turd. See Jack's answer. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #46459.4
Lol....Mr. "LT" might be walking back! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #46459.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone