Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Friday February 14, 2020 at 9:40 AM

Close. It is a Japanese car and it is a WW2 building.
The two white structures guarded the west entrance to the City of Oak Ridge, the "Secret City" of the Manhattan Project. Note the sallyports from which machine guns threatened any unauthorized personnel. Oak Ridge facilities enriched uranium, making the U-235 material for "Little Boy". This was the A-bomb dropped on Hiroshima in August of 1945. My Miata (since sold) was built in the city of Hiroshima.

As the crow flies, I live about 1.5 miles from these buildings. The larger one has been restored and is available for use for meetings by small organizations - my own HOA has met there. But mostly the parking lot is used for cyclists cars since the Oak Ridge Turnpike is long and gently rolling with a bicycle lane, attracting many bike riders.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Who can guess the irony here? by Harvey Goranson #46742
IRONY by Rand Anderson #46742.1
Got me, Harvey. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #46742.2ModeratorZone Diplomat
Japanese car in front of WWII building at Pearl? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #46742.3
Close. It is a Japanese car and it is a WW2 building. by Harvey Goranson #46742.3.1
PIC: Go figure....... by John Bono #46742.3.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone