Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Friday February 14, 2020 at 4:41 PM

...the roars of protest are building, primarily over the noise issue. I went to a city council meeting Monday (my first ever!) to voice support. So did another couple down the street who own a Boxter.

One of the problems is this area, though zoned Industrial, has sat unused for decades. Consequently trails appeared, with nature hikers and off-road bicyclists who have come to think of it as a park, which it isn't. It has sat unused for so long because a lot of expense would be needed to grade it smooth, but the race track guys find the gentle hills will work to the advantage of the track design, which has the benefit of keeping water runoff in line with its present state.

We'll see what happens. We've been promised stuff before (like a Target store) but then things fizzle out. Still waiting to see if an airport gets built.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Latest news on a proposed race track <10 minutes from ME! by Harvey Goranson #46777
Cool! COTA is a half-hour via wide toll road from me, Harv. A lot of by Rick Thompson #46777.1
Closest track to me is California Speedway, about 45 minutes distant. (EOM) by Marlowe Johnson #46777.2
SO...have you had the Porsche out on the track? Will you take it, if they build this? by John Kuvakas #46777.3Moderator
KUVAKAS by Rand Anderson #46777.3.1
If I'm allowed I will. But... by Harvey Goranson #46777.3.2
Goranson by Rand Anderson #46777.3.2.1
Proposed airport in Oak Ridge, to be built on the old K-25 site. by Harvey Goranson #46777.3.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone