Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Saturday March 21, 2020 at 4:07 PM

When I read the comments above they serve to further consolidate our decision
made six years ago to cut the cable and kill all TV reception into our living room forever.

The TV set is now used as a monitor connected to a DVD player and that is how we now roll, no longer being held hostage by all the dreadfull and irritating nonsense we struggled to put up with in those dark days of TV viewing.
I say we, but the Mrs preferred mostly to read, anyway.

We are now liberated and it feels soooooooo good to have a free and an uncompromised control over what we watch and it's commercial free.
Now so distanced by time and our changed behaviour I fail to understand how and why people continue to subject themselves to torrents of obnoxious low rent drivel when freedom from all this is just a mere flick of a switch away.
Self righteous and arrogant - sure, that's the price of true freedom once achieved.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

pics Hello, is this Jake from state Farm? by Robert M. Woolley #47352
Jake from State Farm is a fresh and pleasant campaign. by David Crowe #47352.1
Amen to that. Really obnoxious commercials, playing constantly. (EOM) by Rick Thompson #47352.1.1
I agree the LIMU are obnoxious. And sometimes I see in the small print 'not available in CA.' Then by Steve Jakubczak #47352.1.1.1
LIMU? (EOM) by John Kuvakas #47352.1.1.1.1Moderator
LIMU the emu....Liberty Insurance ads. Sorry but I like "Doug" the idiot. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.1.1.1
I find him amusing too (EOM) by John Kuvakas #47352.1.1.1.1.1.1Moderator
I think his company Duster is a 6 cylinder too...a confirmed idiot. :-) (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.1.1.1.2
Goes against my comment above, but I would like a toy version of the Duster. No figures, though! (EOM) by David Crowe #47352.1.1.1.1.1.2.1
I'd like a 1:43 model of the Gold Duster...black with gold accents. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1
Gee, how can you tire of "Libery, Liberty, Liiiberty....Liiiiberty"? :-) (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.2
Really offensive, isn't it? And they must be overcharging their insureds, by Rick Thompson #47352.1.1.2.1
You must admit those ads with Doug are intellectually challenging though. Deep stuff. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.2.1.1
To be honest Rick, I like those stupid ads....but they play them by Jack Dodds #47352.1.1.2.1.2
Jake ads by Rand Anderson #47352.2
It seems to me our show selections these days are really good or really not good. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.2.1
Agree about Russians. Same about Jewish relief BUT leave the St Jude kids alone. Same with the by Tom Ciryak #47352.2.2
When I read the comments above they serve to further consolidate our decision by Bruce Gibbins #47352.2.3
I look forward to the day when a person can pay per channel of interest ONLY. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47352.2.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone