Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Rick Thompson
Posted On: Monday March 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM

I've owned 12 late-model Corvairs and one first-gen car, a yellow '64 Monza convertible.
I never had a problem with any of mine, all Monzas, and split 50-50 between convertibles and coupes.

My '65 Corsa coupe with the turbocharged 180-hp engine was a blast to drive. I used to troll for Porsches with it!

Corvairs had some specific maintenance requirements which were far above the typical American car-owners capabilities. For example, the front tires called for 10 pounds less than the rears. If you followed the inflation requirements, and moved the spare tire from the engine compartment to the front trunk for a little more balance, the car handled phenomenally.

I think the late-model two-door hardtops are among the most handsome American cars ever designed, and it was certified as a Milestone Car for that achievement.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

The exhoneration of the Corvair by John Kuvakas #47384Moderator
Great article but a bit too late. (EOM) by John Bono #47384.1
I owned a '65 hardtop and loved it. My brother in law once pissed me off so bad about the handling by Frank Kocour #47384.2
I've owned 12 late-model Corvairs and one first-gen car, a yellow '64 Monza convertible. by Rick Thompson #47384.3
I agree with you on the design of the later models. To me, they still look good. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #47384.3.1
I like both generations of Corvair coupes. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47384.3.2
a lot of people love Porsches...how do you think those early ones handled ? (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #47384.4
Corvair yes and no by Rand Anderson #47384.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone