Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bob Jackman
Posted On: Wednesday March 25, 2020 at 7:45 PM

The two tone treatment was a $16.15 option. A friend's uncle
bought a new Corvette in 1960 with absolutely no options. The car had the soft top only,no two tone, no heater, no radio, three speed transmission, with no syncro into low gear, no positraction, no whitewalls and dog dish hub caps. When his uncle died he bought the car out of the estate. The car was a big hit at shows for what a stripper it was.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1960 Corvette color charts by Galen Laird #47428
As nice as the solid colors look I prefer the two-tone combos. I guess that's what I'm used to by Steve Jakubczak #47428.1
Agree. Because of the coves with trim, these were designed for two-tone. (EOM) by John Bono #47428.1.1
+1 Agree. What a beautiful car. 1963 is my fave year though. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47428.1.1.1
Another great blast from the past. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #47428.2Moderator
I like it! I also just checked the 'bay to see 7 Corvettes of 1960 listed, by David Holcombe #47428.3
Speaking of Corvettes...saw my first C8 in a parking lot yesterday. My BP went up..gorgeous. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #47428.3.1
Didn't realize '60 Corvettes were available in solid colors. Thanks for the education. (EOM) by Terry Daly #47428.4
Each to their own, but I'm surprised anyone would want a single color 60 Vette. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47428.4.1
The two tone treatment was a $16.15 option. A friend's uncle by Bob Jackman #47428.4.1.1
No doubt it was a hit. I've never seen one like that! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #47428.4.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone