Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Monday May 18, 2020 at 8:57 PM

Reading Dicks post lead me to a Millie Small google search. Her death at 72 from
a stroke is also a tale of how temporary fame can be when the glory of a single hit fades to obscurity. Of course as the wikipedia entry shows, Millies life was much more than that and is a story that had a woman who went from the number one spot around the world to at one point living at a youth hostel in London, England. Several attempts at breathing life back into her career again, including the Ska revival in 1969 Britain and the rerelease of her top rated single lead to more anguish and frustration in the life of Millie Small. I'm unsure what he meant by this, but Andy Warhole, famously suggested that everybody experienced fifteen minutes of fame - too an obscure a notion for this old farm boy to cope with, but if true, then Millie Small paid dearly for hers.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

RIP Ken Osmond "Eddie Haskell" feom Leave It to Beaver (EOM) by John Kuvakas #48312Moderator
Yes sad. And here is another one who just passed away. by Dick Johnson #48312.1
Reading Dicks post lead me to a Millie Small google search. Her death at 72 from by Bruce Gibbins #48312.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone