Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Saturday May 23, 2020 at 5:12 AM

When my right hip was replaced, my big dread was hearing the sounds
of the procedure, tap-tapping, sawing, cutting and feeling the pushing and shoving. An epidural injection using military grade pain relief deadens the body below the waist and a screen hides the show.
Fortunately for me though, back in 1990 and 1991, I had two surgeries in the lower back and because of the resulting scar tissue the correct sighting of the injection was made very difficult. So I was given a general anesthesic instead and avoided the sound and light show I had dreaded. Having joints replaced is a fairly common procedure these days as folks get older, but the key to a rapid recovery is physiotherapy and as soon after the surgery as possible which is why the medics prefer the patient to be awake and without the need to have a nice long sleep for the next 24 hours after the procedure.
So I know that unless of some extreme bad fortune, which thankfully is extremely rare these days, Jack is going to be just fine.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Off to get my bionic hip today finally; got one cheap from the Steve Austin NOS bin. by Jack Dodds #48363
Good luck Jack (EOM) by Jerry Vinson #48363.1
Good luck Jack...and you behave too! (EOM) by John Roberts #48363.2
And I'll add another goodluck to you Jack ! (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #48363.2.1
As will I! Good luck and we'll have you in our thoughts today. (EOM) by Rick Thompson #48363.2.1.1
Thanks for the heads-up, Jack. Our prayers are with you. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #48363.3Moderator
Good Luck Jack (EOM) by Ron Dietrich #48363.4
I sincerely wish you the best Jack...if they offer it,opt for the sound effects package (EOM) by John Barry #48363.5
When my right hip was replaced, my big dread was hearing the sounds by Bruce Gibbins #48363.5.1
Keeping you in my prayers. (EOM) by Dick Johnson #48363.6
+1. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #48363.6.1
super powers, Jack.... (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #48363.7
All the best, Jack. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #48363.8
Jack, positive thoughts and prayers going your way. (EOM) by John Bono #48363.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone