Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Wednesday June 24, 2020 at 3:09 AM

I like the big scale models. In case of any doubt, go big.
I have a friend who builds high detailed models in 1/12 scale from brass stock and resin casting for small parts. His skill is so great, that he can and does produce wire wheels with securing nuts at the end of each wire strand. His daughter published a book of her father's creations skillfully made over the last ten years. Grahame has now just turned 80 and yet can still master model these creations.
He has also built a model of a Union Pacific "Big Boy" steam locomotive to 1/43 scale. Just to compliment his store bought model collection of American cars.
In the morning - my time, I will take some pix from the book and share with you guys.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Wow! I take a decade or so off and discover FM produced a whole line of 1:8 and 1:16 models. by Robert Bolin #48850
I like the big scale models. In case of any doubt, go big. by Bruce Gibbins #48850.1
I *must* see the O scale Big Boy. I have a couple pictures in my officle of the Big Boys. (EOM) by Robert Bolin #48850.1.1
Here then are pix taken from images in his book of models produced by Bruce Gibbins #48850.1.1.1
Holy 'Smokes' to be polite !!!!! WOW !! (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #48850.1.1.1.1
Amazing work! Is this book for sale anywhere? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #48850.1.1.1.2
Let me check with the books compiler and I'll come right back to you. by Bruce Gibbins #48850.1.1.1.2.1
(LINKS) Robert...there's always these. by Christopher Moroni #48850.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone