Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Roberts
Posted On: Thursday June 25, 2020 at 8:33 AM

The size of the models is determined by the equipment used to make them.
This is a 'bastard scale' to put it politely and is the largest the existing equipment will take. These larger scale models are produced in bare metal which is lacquered and then produced as desk pieces. In person they are very impressive. As for some of the attempts at humour from one or two folk, that's fine. I have no problem with that and it was probably to be expected. However, the company is being diversified with lines other than 1:43 model cars, B to B work and other projects, some of which have yet to be announced. The result of this diversification is that the company is now making a profit and therefore can plan for the future with the traditional 1:43 scale model cars as part of that. White metal will always be the material used as this is where the expertise of the founders lies. Other companies like SMTS have always produced models of all types in all manner of scales - motorbikes, scale architectural pieces, racing cars in odd scales for F1 teams, trophies, etc. They are known mainly for model cars and their other activities are usually overlooked.
Running a company that just makes model cars is fine but those that diversify will probably have more of a future. Look at Altaya for example - cars, trucks, buses, figures, aircraft, etc, etc.
This post is probably too long already...I'll go and do something useful now.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Does any one here know the rationale that Model builder Brooklin's by Bruce Gibbins #48854
I wish I did. Seems pretty odd to me. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #48854.1
One word: Bulgarity. (EOM) by David Crowe #48854.2
I was unaware of the term bulgarity, so I googled it................................ by BenD Lampson #48854.2.1
I think bulgarity is actually vulgarity with a speech impediment;) (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #48854.2.1.1
That is definitely NOT the meaning I gave the word. by David Crowe #48854.2.1.2
Nicola Bulgari is Brooklin's sugar daddy. What he says, goes. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #48854.2.1.2.1
OK, fair enough David. Without knowing the name of Brooklins big cheese, the joke was lost on me. by Bruce Gibbins #48854.2.1.2.2
My guess is diversification is a better business model these days. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #48854.3
Sure, but why that precise scale 1/31? Without knowing the reason why, this seems strange. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1
The size of the models is determined by the equipment used to make them. by John Roberts #48854.3.1.1
John, I thank you for your voice of reason. I have been a fan of BRK products for by David Holcombe #48854.3.1.1.1
It seems apparent that it is very difficult to make a decent profit in the by Jack Dodds #48854.3.1.1.2
Clearly my inquiry has been the cause of this prickly response, John. by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1.1.3
It wasn't meant as an admonishment Bruce, merely an explanation. by John Roberts #48854.3.1.1.3.1
I could buy that as an explanation if it were correct. I am not so stupid that I am unable to by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1.1.3.1.1
Thank you. Well said. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #48854.3.1.1.4
Maybe they made a mistake in scaling and created a new scale to cover? (EOM) by Dan Vincent #48854.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone