Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jack Dodds
Posted On: Thursday June 25, 2020 at 9:14 AM

It seems apparent that it is very difficult to make a decent profit in the
white metal model business and that it will remain so in the future. It is a fairly common understanding that Brooklin Models was, like many other companies, challenged to remain profitable in recent years. As a result there was an ownership change of sorts and a change/diversification in the range of items produced to respond to this challenge. The end result from my narrow perspective as a 1:43 model car collector is that the subject changes will hopefully ensure that the beautiful and improved Brooklin car models will continue to be available for many years to come. It seems likely that there will be fewer car models produced each year due to this diversification but if that is what it takes to remain viable then so be it. Modern business is very competitive and forever changing; IMHO we collectors would be well served to remain sensitive to this when making comment or reaching conclusions.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Does any one here know the rationale that Model builder Brooklin's by Bruce Gibbins #48854
I wish I did. Seems pretty odd to me. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #48854.1
One word: Bulgarity. (EOM) by David Crowe #48854.2
I was unaware of the term bulgarity, so I googled it................................ by BenD Lampson #48854.2.1
I think bulgarity is actually vulgarity with a speech impediment;) (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #48854.2.1.1
That is definitely NOT the meaning I gave the word. by David Crowe #48854.2.1.2
Nicola Bulgari is Brooklin's sugar daddy. What he says, goes. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #48854.2.1.2.1
OK, fair enough David. Without knowing the name of Brooklins big cheese, the joke was lost on me. by Bruce Gibbins #48854.2.1.2.2
My guess is diversification is a better business model these days. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #48854.3
Sure, but why that precise scale 1/31? Without knowing the reason why, this seems strange. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1
The size of the models is determined by the equipment used to make them. by John Roberts #48854.3.1.1
John, I thank you for your voice of reason. I have been a fan of BRK products for by David Holcombe #48854.3.1.1.1
It seems apparent that it is very difficult to make a decent profit in the by Jack Dodds #48854.3.1.1.2
Clearly my inquiry has been the cause of this prickly response, John. by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1.1.3
It wasn't meant as an admonishment Bruce, merely an explanation. by John Roberts #48854.3.1.1.3.1
I could buy that as an explanation if it were correct. I am not so stupid that I am unable to by Bruce Gibbins #48854.3.1.1.3.1.1
Thank you. Well said. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #48854.3.1.1.4
Maybe they made a mistake in scaling and created a new scale to cover? (EOM) by Dan Vincent #48854.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone