Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Friday June 26, 2020 at 10:30 PM

The video, Swoop the bird and the guy are all in New Zealand.

With their large beak and aggressive nature, Magpies can be a danger.
They can be seen mostly outside of city and suburb and feed on road kill and live targets of opportunity. For sheep farmers, Magpies present a special threat at Lambing time and they go right for a lambs eyes.
A baby or small child left out side in the sun can also be attacked. Magpies sit atop high trees - waiting and then swoop in on their targets. They seem to travel in pairs.
I think they are a member of the Crow family and are not native to this country - Aotearoa/New Zealand. Instead these birds are native to Australia and New Guinea.
They were introduced from there in the mid 1800's for some reason probably to help eradicate some other species the settlers found a problem.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

"Baby Magpie" from Bob Jackman by John Kuvakas #48868Moderator
Thank you Bob and John..my son and I enjoyed that one! (EOM) by David Angeloni #48868.1
Thanks David. I enjoyed it when I saw it too. Thanks John for posting. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #48868.1.1
Happy to help out, gents. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #48868.1.1.1Moderator
* * * Thank You * * * I really needed to see this .. You have no idea .. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #48868.1.1.1.1
A little bit more...... by Bruce Gibbins #48868.2
This info makes that Magpie even more amazing. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #48868.2.1
thats wonderful thank you gentlemen (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #48868.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone