Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Monday June 29, 2020 at 2:32 PM

info on this Studebaker: from Conceptcarz site
In 1962 Studebaker-Packard President Sherwood Egbert hired Brooks Stevens to design some concept cars for future production, and the Spectre was intended for production in 1966. This unique car was built by Carrozzeria Sibona-Basano of Turin. It features an unusual full-width Sylvania headlight assembly designed to minimize glare to oncoming traffic and has different trim on either side of the body to show two styling options. Studebaker's failing financial position precluded further development of the Spectre and, following the company's closure, Stevens took possession of it and displayed it at his museum until his passing in 1995. It became part of the Studebaker National Museum's permanent collection in 1997 and is still in its original condition.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

What if... by John Kuvakas #48913Moderator
Yes I do like it. (EOM) by Dick Johnson #48913.1
Ah, what might have been...Maybe someone could make these in scale? (EOM) by Paul Rouffa #48913.2
I think it may have sold in decent numbers. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #48913.3
info on this Studebaker: from Conceptcarz site by David Holcombe #48913.4
Raymond Loewy ? (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #48913.5
George Jetson. (EOM) by Ralf Buyer #48913.5.1
WOW !!!!! (EOM) by Rand Anderson #48913.6
I like the passenger side styling and hubcaps. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #48913.6.1
Side trim is 62 Olds inspired; tail lights 66 Charger theme. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #48913.7
Not a fan of the roofline but make it a retractable top and I'd consider it. (EOM) by Robert Bolin #48913.8

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone