Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Kocour
Posted On: Tuesday June 30, 2020 at 9:24 AM

"Manual" transmissions have come a long way. Launch control? Flat to the floor shifting with just
a stab to the accelerator? I'm actually amazed that the automatic doesn't bury the standard transmissioned car.

For the minor difference I think I would buy the standard transmission and have the best of both worlds - fun and performance.

Also, I think that even now I could shift that car a bit faster than the driver did. I had a lot of practice when I was young(er).

Now that I think about that I probably would rip the gearshift off of the floor. We put our weight behind a Hurst shifter.

I remember still (cringe worthy memory) when a friend of my son bought a used, but fairly new BMW four door with a standard transmission. He said it was pretty quick. I asked him if he minded if I "Drive" the car. I thought he knew what I meant. He didn't . . .

And neither did the car.

The result was sickening, ending with me crossing myself feeling fortunate that I didn't blow the transmission up.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Auto vs Manual by John Kuvakas #48916Moderator
"Manual" transmissions have come a long way. Launch control? Flat to the floor shifting with just by Frank Kocour #48916.1
I'm a huge fan of the manual. There's not much sweeter than a well executed power shift. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #48916.1.1Moderator
I'd take the manual if the Focus were available in the U.S. Even better, Fiesta ST. But not to be. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #48916.2
I have a Fiesta ST. There are still a few new 2019 models around. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #48916.2.1Moderator

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone