Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Friday September 11, 2020 at 7:29 AM

PIC: A trip back in the time machine, enjoy,
Timber, Washington County, Oregon, 1915.
Southern Pacific's McKeen car #15 stopped at the Timber depot. The engineer's car was a sleeper car used by the engineers for overnight trips.

1885 New York Stock Exchange

1935 Main Street Klamath Falls, Oregon

Davenport Iowa riverfront parking lot in the 1920's.

Devels Gate High Bridge with Union Pacific Denver and Gulf Railway
Georgetown, Clear Creek County, Colorado, ca.1896.
Devils Gate High Bridge with Union Pacific, Denver, and Gulf Railway Company line's two locomotives, five passenger cars and caboose atop the bridge. It built in 1884, over the Clear Creek gorge, in the Rocky Mountains west of Denver. It is a narrow gauge railroad, used to access the mines and towns located along this corridor, until it was abandoned around 1938

Title: Brawley, Imperial Valley. In Farm Security Administration (FSA) migratory labor camp. Family of mother, father and eleven children, originally from near Mangrum, Oklahoma, where he had been tenant farmer. Came to California in 1936 after the drought. Since then has been traveling from crop to crop in California, following the harvest. Six of the eleven children attend school wherever the family stops long enough. Five older children work along with the father and mother. February 23, two of the family have been lucky and "got a place" (a day's work) in the peas on the Sinclair ranch. Father had earned about one dollar and seventy-three cents for ten-hour day. Oldest daughter had earned one dollar and twenty-five cents. Form these earnings had to provide their transportation to the fields twenty miles away. Mother wants to return to Oklahoma, father unwilling.She says, "I want to go back to where we can live happym live decent, and grow what we eat." He says, "We can't go the way I am now. We've got nothing in the world to farm with. I made my mistake when I came out here

Contributor Names: Lange, Dorothea

A Lector reads a newspaper to workers in a cigar factory 1900's.

Grandparents Day 1950

1924 Los Angeles, California Western Ave.

The US mail must go through.

85 years ago September 9, 1935 Los Angeles, California first drive in theater opened at 10860 W. Pico Blvd.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: A trip back in the time machine, enjoy, by Dick Johnson #50251
Life wasn't easy was it ? The Grandparents Day pic made me laugh so hard I almost wet myself. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #50251.1
An excellent post. Thanks. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #50251.2Moderator
Some good times, some not so good. Thanks Dick for posting. (EOM) by John Bono #50251.3
Yes...always reminds me to be very thankful for the life I have. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50251.3.1
these "rememberies" and the fuzzy cat and dog posts are always golden (EOM) by John Barry #50251.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone