Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Tuesday September 15, 2020 at 11:01 AM

"Its" and/or "it's"? Confusion rampant! Here's the solution:
it's - The only acceptable time to use this "it's" is when one is leaving out the letter "i." "It's" is the short form of "it is." Compare this with other pronoun usage such as "he's" (he is), "she's" (she is), and "they're" (they are).

its- the only acceptable time to use this "its" is when one is using the possessive pronoun. Compare this with other pronoun usage such as "his," "her," and "their."

When tempted to use "it's," think first "Am I leaving out the "i"? Do I mean "it is"?

Forgive an old man whose appreciation of a recent good post was spoiled over its misuse of the pesky apostrophe.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

"Its" and/or "it's"? Confusion rampant! Here's the solution: by David Holcombe #50325
David, I find your passion to pontificate on the proper possessive pronoun pleasurable. :-) (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50325.1
Jack, in retrospect, I am hanging my head in shame over the hubris I by David Holcombe #50325.1.1
David, your under arrest. PIC. by Andy Sixsmith #50325.1.1.1
Lol. Good fun David! Watch your head getting in the squad car! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50325.1.1.2
Their, they're, everything will be Oakay! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #50325.1.1.3Moderator
There you go Jack, proudly posting your 'PPPPPP' statement..lol (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #50325.1.2
I didn't realize I had stuttered. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50325.1.2.1
Actually, you were pping. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #50325.1.2.1.1
Oh...well thanks for clearing that upppp. Sorry for spraying it, not saying it. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50325.1.2.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone