Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Monday October 12, 2020 at 9:26 AM

I really like this Buick, but at first I doubted the paint authenticity. So (pics)
I checked a favorite source: period advertising.

Okay, the paint job wasn't common on these '48 Buicks, but it did happen. Now I'm going to check that interior.

Harder to find, but it seems this time the restorer went over the top. Here are two original interiors, after many years of use.

Nice restoration/ modification, and it's probably a lot more comfortable that the original. I like the original paint scheme.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: 1948 Buick Super 8 by Dick Johnson #50636
I really like this Buick, but at first I doubted the paint authenticity. So (pics) by David Holcombe #50636.1
PIC: The paint scheme may be accurate, but no way are the paint colors accurate. by John Bono #50636.1.1
And just the way it came from the factory. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #50636.2
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #50636.3Moderator
Each to his own I guess. The interior detracts big time for me, although well finished. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50636.4
Paint color, outside mirrors, dual exhausts and interior all say by Bob Jackman #50636.4.1
It's a resto rod. Here's the description from the seller, Max Motive by John Kuvakas #50636.5Moderator
Not my cup of tea. (EOM) by John Bono #50636.5.1
Nor mine....but that 455 will sure make it a sleeper! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50636.5.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone