Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Saturday October 17, 2020 at 8:07 AM

PIC: with story about this 1917 White 16 valve, no not mine but I sure do like it.

1917 White Motor Car, GL Series. One off custom, Body by Rubay Coachbilders. 11,223 miles and just started for the first time in 82 years.

here is my new toy. 1917 White 16 Valve High Power T head, 4 valves per cylinder. 100 percent original, thats the factory varnish finish still on it 103 years later.

Hi all.......with 1100 thumbs up in five hours, and lots of questions, I will post a bit more. The entire story can be found on the AACA national forum, in the general area. The name of the thread is “The phone rang.....” and I go by the handle “EDINMASS” there. It’s a thirty page blog with every detail and a video of it running for the first time in 81 years. I only collect large pre WWII cars, and run a private car collection down south. The 1917 White is one of my personal cars. I have had it only eight weeks. It’s now ready for touring. Read the AACA thread.........you will enjoy it.

This is the same car when new on the floor of the New York Auto Show December of 1916.

Go back to Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: with story about this 1917 White 16 valve, no not mine but I sure do like it. by Dick Johnson #50703
I am sure Snap-on will have all the tools he needs. (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #50703.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone