Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Saturday October 17, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Donald Duck and his version of the Bantam Roadster (pic)
This post started when I received my newest Inver model of a Bantam sedan (it's really a coupe, but American Austin insisted on calling it a sedan). That's posted on Forum 43, my all-time favorite site. But in doing a little on-line research for that post, I found that an old favorite, the Donald Duck car, was based on the 1938 (or thereabout) Bantam roadster.

Sun Rubber filled Christmas stockings with these in the late 1930's (and for years after).

And some quite recent:

And a 1:1 in Norway:

So if you want to build your own, here's an outline from a French fan:

And a closing image from Donald:

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Donald Duck and his version of the Bantam Roadster (pic) by David Holcombe #50714
OUT-Standing !!!!! by John Barry #50714.1
Naw...that's reserved for Huey, Dewey and Louie! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50714.1.1
Who knew Mr. Duck had such refined taste!! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #50714.2Moderator
Now that is very interesting .... I like cartoon-ish cars .. Roger Rabbit had lots of them (EOM) by Dennis Mong #50714.3
I picked up a couple at his estate sale actually........ (EOM) by Jack Dodds #50714.3.1
Dennis, this site may be of interest to you. Happy hunting! by David Holcombe #50714.3.2
David ... That "ACME Road Roller 159 " is way 2 cool -Thnx - GR8T pix - Everybody should review (EOM) by Dennis Mong #50714.3.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone