Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Saturday November 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Here's one I found on the web.

1939 CHEVROLET MASTER 85 LIMOUSINE CONVERTIBLE

Finished in classic and desired All Black with beautiful Deep Red leather interior and Black convertible top. This incredible motorcar was built for a member of the royal family in Saudi Arabia. The prince then gave the car to Nawab fo Junagadh, Mohammad Mahabat Khanji III of India. The Nawab drove it for years and preferred it to the other (reportedly) 300 cars in his fleet, which consisted of Rolls-Royce's, Bentley's, Cadillac's, Packard's, etc. It passed to his son who had to flee India during Independence and the establishment of Pakistan. He was allowed to take one car from Junagadh, India to Karachi, Pakistan and chose the Chevrolet. He died in Karchi adn the car passed to his son, the current Nawab. From there, the car was sold to William Campbell, head of the U.S. Embassy in Karachi, Pakastan. Campbell restored the car and later retired and brought the car back to Oregon where we acquired it. This very well may be the only surviving example of this desired convertible limousine by Chevrolet.
==================

This car is marked "SOLD." For more information, see:

https://www.schmitt.com/inventory/ds-1939-chevrolet-master-85-limousine-convertible/

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1939 CHEVROLET 4-DOOR CONVERTIBLE (pic) by David Holcombe #51274
It sure has an interesting history. Thanks David. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #51274.1
this car must have a really strong chassis, because there's no roof. (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #51274.2
I never knew that Chevy made a 4-door convertible sedan. (EOM) by Brian Cox #51274.3
I think it's a one-of custom built. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #51274.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone